Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Half-life of negative emotions

Again, the one thing that I am taking away from the mindfulness and meditation crap is that you can really change and improve what I have heard called 'the half-life of negative emotion'. Or in simpler terms, how long you are controlled by the feelings of sad, agitated, angry, down, etc. before they loose their power and grip on you.

Yesterday I noticed I was agitated. Nothing clicked or changed, so I remained agitated. Ten minutes passed. I noticed that I was angry at my girlfriend for eating the caprese empanada that I wanted. Something clicked and I became aware of how ridiculous this feeling and thought pattern was. The agitation soon loosened and lessened.

The part that is new is the 'clicking of ridiculousness'. It is really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment