Friday, November 10, 2017

A Little Adventure

Driving across the north-east I decided to stop waiting and start a little adventure.
The adventure then grew in my imagination.
Today marks day 100.

So far, I am happy with the sense of lightness, commitment, mindfulness, and playfulness that framing life as an adventure has brought.

While I have had many new and memorable experiences in these first hundred days that will remain with me forever, the main thing that separates these days from those before it is this: I was, for some reason unknown to me and in a strange way that I will have trouble putting into words, more aware of the novelty and fleetingness of the new experiences while they were happening to me than I have been in the past.

I wasn't stopping every five minutes to take a photo nor journaling every day about a new experience the day prior, and the new moments didn't seem to lose anything in terms of presence. I don't really know how to describe it...

... It was as if life was finally lost its overwhelming momentum that had prevented stopping on command to enjoy a little moment when called for. 

... Or is if when a new experience was happening, whether pleasurable or painful, you could take a brief time out to grin and say to yourself 'so this in what this feels like' or 'so this is how this can happen' and then immediately dive back into the newness to experience it with a tad more feeling of being alive. 

To everyone in Days 1-100. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment