Wednesday, November 8, 2017

A Day in Perspective

Today is day 98 of an ongoing adventure.

It is my last day of my lovely vida cotidiana here in Playa.

I think a day is a good and natural scale of time to measure life's events.
...

I probably have around 20,000 good ones to enjoy if my luck continues.

My grandfather has about 2,000 if his continues.

We all have about 200 to prepare for WSOP 2018 Edition.

And maybe only 20 together if I visit only once a year.
...

We will have around 6,000 with our parents if we live near home.

But only around 600 if we live abroad and only re-unit for special occasions.1
...

Here is to the upcoming set of days we call the holidays and to spending more time with the people who "make us brave and kind and healthy and happy"2.
...

Credit: 
1 - https://waitbutwhy.com/2015/12/the-tail-end.html
2 - Kurt Vonnegut

No comments:

Post a Comment