Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Monday, October 17, 2011

I went and played poker again last weekend at Charles Town races. One of the good things about playing live poker is that it gives you time to think.
The first thing that I came to realize, and I have thought about this in the past but it really sank in this time, is that when you lose you should not be upset or emotional in the least (assuming you played your best). When you sit down you are accepting the risks, no if ands or buts. I know this seems trivial but knowing this principle and following it are two different things. I was sort of proud of myself for following it this weekend.
Another good thing that happened this weekend was that the game slowed down a little bit for me. In the past it seems that a thick fog would cloud would cover my mind when I was under the gun with a meaningful decision. As I play more and more this fog is getting lighter and lighter and my I have more control over myself, letting me make better rational decisions instead of acting on impulse.

No comments:

Post a Comment