Friday, June 27, 2014

Strong Opinions

Feeling dumb is the worst.

Countless times, and many recently, I have walked away after a conversation or debate on a topic that I held strong opinions about feeling dumb. My opinion just got destroyed, or more likely, just sank because it had too many holes in it.

Cool I just learned something, but man that feeling of dumb sucks. An opinion that I held so strongly and lived my life according to, just poof, gone like a freight train. 

This has happened so many times that I have pretty much stopped holding strong opinions about pretty much everything. Little things. Big things. It doesn't matter. "To each his own" and "Many ways to skin a cat" now just roll off the tongue.

And this sucks too. Holding no strong opinions, you are bound to drift and be steered by what's out there, not what's in here, in you. 

Strong opinions, held weakly, is how progress is made.......


-Ted

  

No comments:

Post a Comment