Thursday, February 1, 2018

WIL #2 - All the wrong places.

What I learned is that I am motivated and blown away by all the wrong things.
Maybe not wrong; just unexpected and nonconventional.

I may have found out what I will spend my professional life working towards recently...
in a cartoon.

And today I ran in to a buddy whom I don't know well off the basketball courts.
He chews gum while he plays, is all tatted up, and definately gets hair lined-up rather than cut.

Holding his newborn in one arm, playing with his dog with the other, he seemed really disgustingly, genuinely, perminantly happy today.

I had imagined him struggling through the working day, hitting the courts at six every night, partyinig on the weekends, and generally barely holding on to sanity as it seems so many are.

I seem to have been wrong and have learned something.

No comments:

Post a Comment