Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Day in the Life FOOD STYLE: A Fathers Day Tribute

I love good food, I think I picked this up from my beautiful father; Happy Fathers Day Pops

Breakfast #1 
Nothing special, but still delicious.
Oatmeal with raisins, a banana, cinnamon, a soy milk
(the fruit down here is really good) 

Breakfast #2
 Around 9:45 everyday I hear honking of the horn...
 this means breakfast number two has arrived.  
I wait 15 minutes for the crowd to die down....it is a tough 15 minutes

The first few days I got a lot of strange looks as I am the only gringo around

She has got Tacos (usually 3 different kinds), Empanadas (queso, pollo,
 champiñones, y atun), Tacos Dorado, and more

Only two tacos (higado and asada) and one empanada (queso) today

Lunch: Cafe Andre..

It's on the square by the municipal palace and park...
a good spot for people watching

I always just get the daily special not knowing what it is 
and I'm usually pleasantly surprised when I take the first bite

Today was some sort of soup with a bunch of nice flavorful meats.
And of course chips and salsas.


Late Dinner on the Street
Found the busiest street vendor on 30th Ave, waited until
the cook said something in spanish and looked at me, I smiled 
and said "dos tacos?, he smiled."

They were really good

Some homemade ice-cream for dessert...
best vanilla ice-cream I have ever had 


Another day in the life here in Playa with great (and cheap) food, thanks dad. Happy Fathers Day. See you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment